We're back to our roots on the podcast this week! I conduct a full Hierophant Session with graduate student Rebeca to help her navigate conflicting feelings about which direction to take following graduation. When surprising reactions bubble up, Melinda makes adjustments to ensure Rebeca gets the most out of her work. Find out how working with Melinda helped Rebeca to see her path forward and overcome obstacles on the way.
Subscribe and listen on iTunes
Listen on the episode home page
Your crystals for this month
Whenever possible, carry one or more of the following in your pocket or wear as jewelry if you have it:
Sit quietly with your eyes closed and take 3 big, slow, deep breaths to calm your body and center yourself in the present moment. Allow a vision to form of a soft pale pink light surrounding your body. As you breath the light pulses in intensity in time with your breath. As you feel yourself calm and your heart begin to open and expand, allow the light to change in color from soft pink to soft yellow to bright gold until you are shooting golden beams of magic all around you with every breath.
Bonus points: Alternate between holding an image of The Hermit, The Magician, or The Emperor in your hands and mind during the meditation.
Three Times / Week
Eat cinnamon! Every day if you like it enough. Cinnamon is a magical accelerant.
Shuffle your Tarot deck and fan the cards out before you. Draw one card and free write for 20 minutes on the card without looking up the meaning in books or online.
Take a symbol of Elemental Fire, energetically place any anxieties you feel about the future, your pace of action, or your ability to overcome obstacles in that symbol, and bury it outside.
Ideally, this is part of a larger outing that takes you to a beautiful place in nature for a day or even just a few hours. My pick for the best symbolic item is a little slice of ginger root with a letter carved into it, but anything small and easily biodegradable will work.
Once This Month
Full Moon Ritual to be performed on Wednesday, June 27th
- White 7 day ritual candle
- Print out or drawing of The Magician card
- Chamomile and/or lavender (dried or fresh is fine)
- Rose oil
- Sage, Palo Santo, or a bell
- Clear your space using Sage, Palo Santo, or a bell. For sage and palo santo, you simply waft the smoke around. If using a bell, walk through the space and ring the bell in each corner
- Put a drop or 2 of Rose oil in the top of the candle and trace it around 3 times clockwise
- Sprinkle a tiny amount of crumbled chamomile and lavender in the top of the candle
- On the back of the Magician card write "I find peace and calm in the power I create through my connection with the Divine and the 4 Earthly Elements"
- Place the candle on top of the Magician card and place the Labradorite right next to it, touching the side of the candle
- Light the candle
- Sit and visualize your energetic body emitting a soft golden glow, connected to the Air, Earth, Fire, and Water of the Universe intrinsically and eternally.
- Let the candle burn all the way out. When it is done, keep the card as a reminder of your daily mantra and the work you've done.