This week, I help aspiring filmmaker Freya plot a path to migrate from the business to the creative side of the film industry, connect energetically with herself and her community as a creative, and work with the Tarot to fuel the completion of her screenplay. Find out how working with me helped Freya to expand her vision of herself and her work and move toward making her dreams into her reality!
See the Tarot spread and read the homework at melindaleeholm.com/blog/hspodcastfreya
Subscribe and listen on iTunes
Listen on the episode home page
Freya's Tarot reading and homework below.
Your crystals for this month
Whenever possible, carry one or more of the following in your pocket or wear as jewelry if you have it:
- Black Obsidian
Shuffle your Tarot deck and spread the cards before you. Draw one card. Write for 20 mins around the following aspects you find in the card (this can be narrative, character study, setting, anything):
- Monday - interior life
- Tuesday - conflict
- Wednesday - communication/dialog
- Thursday - public life
- Friday - love
- Saturday - work
- Sunday - your choice!
3-4 times per week
Cook with or drink tea of fresh ginger and cayenne pepper. Both foods carry the energy of elemental Fire and will help greatly with calling in the strength and perseverance you need for that 10 of Wands energy coming up.
Attend a small screening, performace, table read, etc. Find something going on in your creative community and go support it. Bonus points if it's a woman-lead project!
Do a Tarot reading for a friend. You can do this! It can be any size spread you are comfortable with. Three card spreads are great for getting concise info. Bonus points it you read for another creative!
Once This Month
For the whole month, switch to using honey as a sweetener instead of sugar. Honey is a symbol of immortality and Divine Feminine energy. It will help you really feel that Star card energy around you.
For the New Moon on Tuesday, May 15 either attend a group guided meditation or do a guided meditation at home with the intention of opening to the vast possibilities of creation. Jessica Snow is a great resouce. She has a ton of wonderful meditations on her website youaremagicla.com
Perform a Full Moon Ritual on Tuesday, May 29
You will need:
- Black 7 day ritual candle
- Print out or drawing of Judgment card
- Dried rose petals
- Cedarwood oil
- Sage, Palo Santo, or a bell
- Clear your space using Sage, Palo Santo, or a bell. For sage and palo santo, you simply waft the smoke around. If using a bell, walk through the space and ring the bell in each corner
- Put a drop or 2 of cedarwood oil in the top of the candle and trace it around 3 times clockwise
- Sprinkle a tiny amount of crumbled rose petals in the top of the candle
- On the back of the Judgment card write "I am ready to release all that is holding me back and I call in the clarity to discern the influences all around me"
- Place the candle on top of the Judgment card and place the Fluorite right next to it, touching the side of the candle
- Light the candle
- Sit and visualize your energetic body dissolving into a mist that holds its shape even as a Divine breeze blows through it, removing any burdensome particles.
- Let the candle burn all the way out. When it is done, clear your home once more to ensure that all that was released by your spell is gone.