This week follows a month with Daphne and me as we develop ways she can sort through conflicting areas of her work and creative lives to find the energetic and emotional space to grow and focus her vision as a creative person. Through a Tarot reading, the assignment of homework, and two follow up calls, find out how working with me has helped Daphne fine tune her life to allow her true work to flourish!
Subscribe and listen on iTunes
Listen on the episode home page
In this episode, Daphne recommends two movies on ballroom communities and two balls in LA:
Kiki official site
Vogue Nights at Club Cobra
Daphne's Tarot reading and homework below
Your crystals for this month
Whenever possible, carry one or more of the following in your pocket:
Find one thing in your life you do not need and get rid of it.
Examples: a pair of socks you never wear, old makeup, a book to gift to a friend, a word of phrase that is not serving your higher purpose, even a pattern you repeat over and over such as a route to work that is no longer useful. Small and steady. One thing a day. You can set one thing aside every day to get rid of at the end of the week if that is easier.
Each morning make a list of the 5 things that are most important to you to accomplish that day. 2 of them should be feelings, 2 specific tasks, and 1 is the grab bag - whatever comes up!
Each evening, look at the list and asses how you did, refraining from judgment. The idea here is to begin to see patterns and build awareness of what feeds you, not to punish yourself or reveal flaws. This is simply for gathering information.
Spend 5 minutes visualizing yourself enveloped by a glowing golden-orange orb that grows brighter with your breath.
Set aside a good block of time (a day is great, but a few hours is too when it's utilized, 3 hours should be the minimum block) to create by yourself. Create anything, but complete the creation in that set time. Make a sculpture or painting, sew a garment, learn a dance, chorerograph a song, write an essay, do a photo shoot - anything! Anything creative that you can complete in the time you set aside for yourself.
Make at least one date each week with someone who loves you. Make it a different person each week this month. Coffe, lunch, whatever. Just set aside time to soak in the love and support of someone who truly sees you.
Once This Month
Read 'The Hero With A Thousand Faces' by Joseph Campbell
Perform a Full Moon Ritual on Sunday, April 29
Orange 7 day ritual candle
Print out or drawing of Ace of Wands card
Sage, Palo Santo, or a bell
- Clear your space using Sage, Palo Santo, or a bell. For sage and palo santo, you simply waft the smoke around. If using a bell, walk through the space and ring the bell in each corner
- Put a drop or 2 of cedarwood oil in the top of the candle and trace it around 3 times counter clockwise
- Sprinkle a tiny amount of crumbled lavender flower in the top of the candle
- On the back of the Ace of Wands card draw a representation of what your heart has to offer the world. This can be completely abstract or a representational drawing.
- Place the candle on top of the Ace of Wands card and place the Rose Quartz right next to it, touching the side of the candle
- Light the candle
- Sit and visualize your energetic body glowing orange, at one powerful and vulnerable, open to receiving love and to receiving the exact right messages at the eact right time
- Let the candle burn all the way out. When it is done, place the Rose Quartz under your pillow when you sleep for w weeks (until the New Moon)
- Keep a little dream journal next to your bed to make note of any messages that come through in dreams for those 2 weeks.