My baby is ready to meet the world! I could not be more happy to deliver this first episode to you, complete with reading photo and the exact detailed homework I sent to Paizley after our first call. I hope you find ways to expand your own spiritual practice and personal evolution through our work! xoxo MLH
Tarot reader Melinda Lee Holm coaches Paizley through uncovering and working through the underlying causes and practical issues of her challenges with emotional intimacy. Through a Tarot reading, the assignment of homework, and two follow up calls, find out how working with Melinda has helped Paizley evolve her emotional self.
Paizley's Tarot reading and homework below!
Your crystals for this month
Whenever possible, carry one or more of the following in your pocket:
15 minutes of free writing. Prompts change every 7 days. It's best to do these in the morning, when you're fresh from dream world. This is total stream of consciousness, free flow writing. Whatever comes up when you think about the prompt is perfect.
Week 1 - What do I love most about myself?
Week 2 - What do I love most about those close to me?
Week 3 - Openness
Week 4 - Vulnerability
3 times every week
Express an uncomfortable or vulnerable feeling to someone in your life. This can be simply answering the greeting "how are you?" in an honest way or texting a friend to report on your emotional state. This exercise is designed not only to get you comfortable with sharing emotions, but also to help you tap in to your own emotional states in subtle ways and get cozy in the grey area between "I am awesome" and "I am crippled by fear and doubt"
Read through the free writing from the previous week with a detective's eye. Make a list of themes, ideas, words, or feelings that pop out as you do. Make notes on any insights you gain being sure to stay free from judgment. This is an investigation, not a trial!
Spend at least 1 hour in a natural environment. The beach, the woods, the park - anywhere away from the chaos of the city where you can lean on the support of the natural world to feel alive and human.
Once This Month
You get two things! They go together :)
Make A Candle
Ideally, this is going to be a candle in a tall glass container, the classic 7-day ritual candle. If you need a container, I have plenty of empties for you :)
Make a white candle in the tall glass container. I'd like you to mix lavender and frankincense oil in the candle and place a quartz crystal in the bottom to be revelaved when the candle burns down. This candle will be burned after you Full Moon Ritual candle is fully burned through.
Full Moon Ritual - to be performed on Sunday, April 29
Black 7 day ritual candle
Print out or drawing of Death card
Sage, Palo Santo, or a bell
- Clear your space using Sage, Palo Santo, or a bell. For sage and palo santo, you simply waft the smoke around. If using a bell, walk through the space and ring the bell in each corner
- Put a drop or 2 of clove oil in the top of the candle and trace it around 3 times counter clockwise
- Sprinkle a tiny amoutn of cayenne pepper in the top of the candle (you dont want to interfere with the flame)
- On the back of the Death Card list out 3 things you are ready to release. These can be very specific or very general. Think open-ended. You dont want to limit the working of the spell
- Place the candle on top of the Death card and place the Black Tourmaline right next to it, touching the side of the candle
- Light the candle
- Sit and visualize your energetic body opening and releasing a thick grey smoke. As the smoke is released, golden light comes in to take its place
- Let the candle burn all the way out. When it is done, take the Black Tourmaline to the beach and throw it into the ocean
- When you come home from the ocean, light the white candle you made. This candle is now intent on filling all the space left by the clearing candle with openness and light and infinite possbilities